LinkedIn Profile Updates: Tips + Tricks
I think the last time I actually spent time updating my LinkedIn profile, was back in 2012...when I graduated college. So when I saw Rob Humphry was planning on doing a video discussing tips + tricks for updating your LinkedIn profile, I was so excited. If you have the 49 minutes, check it out here! If you're like me, and working from home with kids and trying to survive...I'll summarize here!
1. Write down 5 characteristics about yourself. Put that list down next to you and refer back as you build/update your profile.
2. Update as much information as you can, but most importantly take a good photo! You're likely to get 21x more views and 9x more connection requests than those without.
3. Headline! This is the most underutilized section. Don't put your job title, viewers will get that as soon as they click on your profile...grab browsers attention by putting something eye-catching. "Power House Program Manager, Rock Your Profile Queen"
4. The Summary is your chance to tell employers your story. Be sure to include unique tidbits about yourself. This will make you stand out! What are you great at, why are you doing what you do and what makes you different...three key components to include in your Summary. Don't hesitate to #humblebrag
5. Customize your Feed! Click the 3 dots next to posts that you. This will allow you to do things such as hide posts or most importantly, improve your feed. This enables you to customize what you see! Follow the companies and people that mean the most to you.
6. Make sure your activity reflects your personal brand. If you start to like/comment on topics that are relevant to your industry or your target audience, people will take notice. This is your brand's billboard.
7. Don't be afraid to connect with people! That is literally what this platform is made for. Reach out to connections that you may not know, expand your network.
LinkedIn isn't complicated, but take the time to set yourself up for success. Be engaged, and you'll do great!
Additional tips + tricks found here.